The EDF Group operates in Belgium through a number of companies.
- First challenger on the Belgian energy market, EDF Luminus is a major renewable electricity producer and supplier of energy services. EDF Luminus is the Belgian leader in the field of development and production of green energy, operating onshore wind farms and hydro-electric power stations. The company plays a key role in the security of energy supply in the country, operating numerous electric utilities based on natural gas, which compensate for the fluctuations in the generation of renewable energy. Under the brand Luminus, the company sells electricity, gas and energy services of the highest quality to about 2 million private and business customers, which represents a commercial market share of around 20%.
- EDF Belgium is a subsidiary of the EDF Group in Belgium, active in electricity generation. It owns a 63.5% stake in EDF Luminus. EDF Belgium also holds a stake in the Tihange power plant.
- EDF Energies Nouvelles, the subsidiary of the EDF Group dedicated to renewable energy, is present in Belgium through its participation in the C-Power project, the largest offshore wind farm in Europe located on the Thornton Bank off Ostend.
- A 65.5% owned subsidiary of EDF Energies Nouvelles, Verdesis is a company experiencing a period of strong expansion that has developed the facilities to process and exploit biogas through anaerobic digestion or from landfill sites, thanks to the use of exclusive and extensively tested technology, even in cases when only low-quality gas can be produced.
- EDF EN Services Belgium, a subsidiary of EDF Luminus and EDF EN Services, offers operation and maintenance services in Belgium on behalf of EDF Luminus and other owners of wind farms and solar power stations.